In Australia, St John started in 1883 (St John in Australia is over 130 years old!), with the first cadet division (now called youth divisions in most places) opening in New South Wales 1922. Today, St John is a not for profit, charitable organisation that operates in every state and territory of Australia. We are dedicated to helping people in sickness, distress, suffering or danger, without distinction of race, class or creed.
St John provides:
- first aid training and kits
- first aid services at community and public events, and assistance during national disaster relief
- a range of community care services for the aged, unwell, immobile and lonely
- ambulance services in Western Australia and the Northern Territory
- funding and support for Ophthalmic services at the St John of Jerusalem Eye Hospital, in East Timor and in Australian communities
- a national youth development program for young people aged 8 to 17 years
- the national First Aid in Schools Program (we have trained over 1 million kids in first aid for free!).